Sunday, March 25, 2007

YouTube - Elton John I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues new ver

Reginald Dwight, AKA Elton John will be celebrating his 60th birthday this evening at a small party with a few friends...

At Madison Square Garden.

Reggie and I are the same age. Well, to be more precise - he's 60. I'm 59 years, 11 months and 361 days. But who's counting? I'm gonna be honest here. I hate the thought of turning 60. There will be no parties and I'm discouraging people from sending cards. Flowers would be appropriate, since I'm going to be dead before you can say, " Too old to die young. "

Sixty? The mere thought of that number gives me the blues. It's worse than 13. It's worse than 666. Sixty. Jesus, Mary and Joseph ( All dead before they turned 40 ) I'm gonna be 60. I know, I know. This isn't exactly the right attitude. But someone once wrote that getting old is like a long, slow slog through enemy territory.

I cannot improve upon that, so I'll sign off. Watch this. Listen to this. I wonder if he'll be singing it tonight. In Madison Square Garden.

Happy Birthday Reggie. Happy freakin' birthday. YouTube - Elton John I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues new ver

No comments: