Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What was I thinking?

My previous post is a comment I made on someone else's blog. I guess it could be argued that there's a certain ( circular ) logic to that. But on second thought, it wasn't a good idea. That said...

One of the reasons I write this blog has to do with the creative writing workshop I facilitate on Wednesday mornings. In the four years I've been doing that I've emphasized taking risks, discouraged self censorship. It's like the brainstorming sessions I used to honcho back when I was creative director for an ad agency in Hartford. In those sessions the rule was: There's no such thing as a lousy idea. What you put on the table might be raw, half-baked or worse. But it might just spark another thought, give someone else at the table an idea, that might lead to another idea that might be the concept that flies.

That's how I view this blog. It's a brainstorming session I have with myself. It'll be thick with lousy ideas. But some of them might fly...

If I give them the chance.

No comments: