Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Remember that scene in Spinal Tap? Christopher Guest is trying to explain how the volume knobs work. It's a joke based on a 1-10 scale. How would I rate today?

It wasn't an 11.

More grief from the state. That's how my day started. A phone call made at 9 a.m. More yadda yadda, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. I won't bore you Fence Post readers with the details. Donna's wrapping up her term and getting all kinds of grief from idiots. As we were watching The History Boys the other night, as we were listening to the clever, witty, articulate albeit very,very human dialog - the voices of the students, I said:

" Just like the kids you teach, huh? "

Not quite.

Teachers. They're not paid enough. It's worse than working on a locked unit. I witnessed bad behavior. But they were crazy and sick and...

Medicated.

Raise a glass to the teachers. And repeat this Irish toast:

May the face of every good news and the back of every bad news be towards ya.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember thinking the 11 joke in Spinal Tap was so funny but my girlfriend didn't get it -- I think b'c she was technologically challenged.

Hope your tomorrow is better.

Anonymous said...

Not quite an 11, but better. Thanks, Terry. And check out The History Boys. I think you'll like it. Having gone to a prep school.