Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Is it just me, or is this whole Arianna Huffington thing one gigantic cultural hoax? I mean c'mon. When was the last time you saw Arianna and Maureen Dowd in the same room together?

You heard it here first: Arianna Huffington IS Maureen Dowd.

As anyone who has seen Dowd on TV, or heard her on the radio knows. She's shy. What do shy people do when they're expected, obligated ( paid ) to appear in public? They put on an act. They adopt a persona.

The persona Maureen Dowd has put on like a mask at a ball?

Arianna Huffington.

Next time " Arianna" is on MSNBC's Countdown take a close look. Oh yeah! you might say. That looks exactly like Maureen Dowd. But she sounds like Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Don't be fooled. There is no Arianna Huffington. There is no Huffington Post. It's Maureen Dowd, come out of her shell.

Like a mask, Maureen has pulled this pose off. Or, should I say, we have. We the Fence Postistas. Our " I Team " strikes again!

Next on Fence Post Inside Edition:

Rosie O'Donnell. Which guy was she before she...

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kinda funny

Anonymous said...

Another rave review from Terrance " Frank Rich " Collins!

Anonymous said...

how dare you?

Anonymous said...

oops. But I do recall you saying once, " Let me be Frank. " And, " Someday I'm gonna be rich. " I just put 2 and 2 together and...

I know, I know. Frank isn't your favorite critic and the paper he works for isn't your favorite. It was an ill chosen handle. Maybe Lester Bangs is what I should have inserted between Terrance and Collins. Or the guy who wrote that excellent piece about rock royalty in the UK. I really need to think these things through.